Tips On Burglary Prevention
You can avoid making the burglars entry an easy one by taking these following precautions:
- Invest in good locks with specific attention to patio doors together with window locks to accessible windows.
- Growing prickly shrubs underneath windows.
- Erecting a high gate across any side passage way on the property.
- Ensuring side gates are padlocked.
- Ensure that all ground floor windows are closed when the occupants are out or asleep.
- Keep any ladders out of sight and preferably padlocked, preventing use to gain access to inaccessible windows.
- Lock away garden tools and other implements which could be used to break a window.
- Keep hedges at a reasonable height so that burglars can be seen from the road.
- Do not leave a spare key about the premises outside, burglars know all the hiding places.
- Do not leave keys near the front door within easy reach of the letter box.
- Install motion detection security lighting.
- Make sure that there are no valuables specifically on show.
- It is imperative that the home appears to be lived in;
- Cancel any milk deliveries and news papers.
- Leave lights on a timer switch and ask someone to close the curtains at night and open them in the morning.
- Leave a radio on a timer switch which will give the indication that the house is occupied.
- Ask a neighbour to park on the drive and keep an eye on your property while away.
- If you have a burglar alarm it is imperative that it is activated every time the property is vacated or when you go to bed.